The Care Unit consists of twenty two frail care beds and twenty eight step-down/sub-acute beds. The Care Unit is managed by Southern Healthcare. Services provided to residents as well as the public include:
- Short term medical aftercare (recovery after operations).
- Long term frail care.
- 24 hour cover, by trained staff, registered with S.A. Nursing council, staff not outsourced.
- Medical practitioners on 24-hour standby.
- Daily menu, consisting of three meals and morning and afternoon tea.
- Special diets catered for i.e. Diabetic, Cholesterol, Vegetarian, etc.
- Daily laundry and cleaning services.
- Access to lounge and community centre consisting of library/sitting room, braai facilities, etc.
- Physio, occupational and speech therapist.
- Specialized wound care.
- Hair and nail care.
- A resuscitation room, equipped with emergency equipment.