The Groenkloof George Retirement Village
The Groenkloof George Retirement Village is located at the foot of the beautiful Outeniqua Mountains, in the Kraaibosch neigbourhood just east of Glenwood neighbourhood.
The first residents moved in at Groenkloof George in March 2013 and the completion of construction of the Care Unit and 176 houses was completed in 2017.
The attributes contributing to the excellence of the George village are:
- A prime location in the heart of the Garden Route.
- North facing village, bringing light and warmth into homes and spectacular views of the Outeniqua Mountains.
- Low maintenance homes, constructed with high quality face brick, roof tiles and aluminium.
- Sustainably low levies.
- Eco-conscious solar powered geysers and rainwater tanks.
- Conveniently located in close proximity the Garden Route Mall.
- Considered a relative safe area. In addition, the village has effective security fencing and controlled access.
- Exceptionally moderate climate and low pollution levels which promotes good health.
- Conveniently located near the George airport, several beaches, game lodges, world renowned golf courses, near the N2 and close to town.
- Fully operational Care Unit to provide peace of mind through excellent and compassionate medical care 24/7.
The retirement village consists of own title houses, life right houses, assisted living apartments, a Care Unit and a community center.