Assisted living care
Apartments are in close proximity or inside the Care Unit enabling us to provide supervision and assistance with activities of daily living. Assisted living residents have daily contact with the Care Unit and can be assisted 24 hours a day.
Apartments are considered a middle ground between independent living and the Care Unit with the aim to foster as much autonomy as the resident is capable of. It’s inevitable that as we grow older we start needing assistance with day-to-day activities and as our autonomy is precious to us, we are understandably reluctant to forfeit aspects of our independence. Someone accustomed to managing a business (or a family) can have a difficult time acknowledging that they forget to take their medication, or need help getting bathed and dressed. Because they do not need daily care at this point, Assisted Living can be a good housing option with more independence, privacy and space than the Care Unit.
Apartments are also popular among completely independent seniors who prefer the convenience of lesser responsibilities and the benefits of a smaller lock up and go accommodation solution.
Services provided during the day include:
- 24-hour assistance.
- Emergency call system.
- Intercom system between Assisted Living and Care Unit.
- Limited medical care, such as assistance with medication.
- Personal care assistance (bathing, dressing, grooming).
- Three meals per day (lunches are mandatory, breakfast and supper optional).
- Housekeeping, weekly cleaning of floors, carpets and bathrooms.
- Laundry, weekly service.
- Health and exercise programs.
- Social, cultural and educational activities.
- Access to lounge and common areas consisting of library, sitting room, braai, etc.
- Gated security community.
- Transportation is not included for medical or personal reasons.
- All services mentioned in home based care are provided to Assisted Living residents.
Assisted living apartments are sold on a life right basis. A monthly Apartment levy is charged for abovementioned services which also include water usage, property tax, property insurance, sewerage levy, electricity availability, water availability, refuse, garden services and administration.